Live TV on Nokia 6233
I can now watch live TV on my Nokia 6233.
I called Globe’s Customer Service Hotline last Saturday morning.. I told the CSR that i have received a text message from globe (4 digit #) informing me that Globe will be sending the new web/gprs/mms/streaming settings for my phone. But that was several days ago.. I told him that i already called in 2 days ago regarding this. That i even tried to text SETTINGS to a 4 digit #.. But still i haven’t received my settings.
So he said we had to manually configure it..
So he taught me how…
Take note that you only have to do these if you have exerted all effort in asking and waiting for the automatic configuration settings from Globe.
Set-up Access Point
1. Go to SETTINGS
2. Choose CONFIGURATION
3. Choose PERSONAL CONFIG.SETTINGS
4. Click OPTIONS (right of your screen)
5. Choose ADD NEW
6. Choose ACCESS POINT
7. On the ACCOUNT NAME and type MYGLOBE CONNECT (small caps)
8. on DATA BEARER and select PACKET DATA
9. choose BEARER SETTINGS
10. select PACKET DATA ACCESS POINT and type WWW.GLOBE.COM.PH then click OK.
11. choose NETWORK TYPE and select IPv4
12. Choose AUTHENTICATION TYPE and select NORMAL
Set-up Web Access
1. Follow steps 1-5 on set-up access point
2. Choose WEB
3. on ACCOUNT NAME and type MYGLOBE CONNECT (small caps)
4. choose HOMEPAGE and type http://www.globe.com.ph/globe.asp.
5. choose USE PREFERRED ACCESS PT and select NO
6. go to ACCESS POINT SETTINGS
7. Sect PROXY and choose ENABLED.
8. Choose PROXY ADDRESS and type 220.127.116.11
9. Choose PROXY PORT and type 8080
10. choose DATA BEARER and select PACKET DATA
11. Make sure that the following entries are on the BEARER SETTINGS:
- Packet data access pt = http://www.globe.com.ph
- Network type = IPv4
1. Follow steps 1-5 on set-up access point.
> Then choose STREAMING – Updated
2. Choose ACCOUNT NAME and type MYGLOBE STREAM (small caps)
3. Choose UDP PORT RANGE and type 1024-65535
4. choose USE PREFERRED ACCESS PT and select NO
5. Choose ACCESS POINT SETTINGS.
6. Select PROXY and choose DISABLED
That’s it… You’re settings are now configured.. now you have to tell your Cellphone to use this settings:
1. Go to SETTINGS.
2. Select CONFIGURATION
3. Choose DEFAULT CONIGURATION SETTINGS.
4. Select PERSONAL CONFIGURATION
5. Choose OPTIONS (right of your screen)
6. Select SET AS DEFAULT.
7. You will return in the CONFIGURATION submenu… Choose ACTIV.DEFAULT IN ALL APPS.
Our 6233 does not have a RealOne or Real player installed. So, it can’t play an “.rm” file but it can play an “.sdp” file. And currently, only ABS-CBN offers this type of file. Meaning you can only watch live TV broadcast of ABS-CBN.
1. Go to Globe’s mobile homepage (on your cellphone ok?).
2. Choose TV and MOVIES.
3. Select LIVE VIDEOS.
4. Then select ABS-CBN(free)
1. Go to WEB
2. select GO TO ADDRESS
3. type this: rtsp://18.104.22.168/rtpencoder/ABSCBN.sdp
4. Hit OK and PRAY .. i mean wait for an answer.
If it returns an ERROR about PACKET DATA, then you have a problem with your settings. But if it says anything about unknown error or temporary network problem.. then the problem is with Globe or ABS..
IF after several tries and it doesn’t work, call Globe’s Customer Care hotline – 211.
You may also try changing your location.. it affects the signal.. remember this is a 3g enabled service.. if your not in the 3g zone, then i guess you won’t be able to use this feature.
I’ve tried to use it in the area of CUBAO-MRT and ABS-CBN compound.
Oh.. By the way, using live TV (as i call it) is FREE.