Open multiple yahoo messengers and use different IDs
I’ve seen and used some third party programs to run multiple yahoo messenger windows in my PC. That’s because I have 5 yahoo accounts but I’m only using 3 accounts for my chat needs/ =>
Sometimes I want to run all of them at the same time.
Just today, a friend showed me how to open multiple Yahoo Messengers so that i can use my Yahoo IDs at the same time – without the use of a third party program!
1. Click START
2. choose RUN
3. Type regedit
4. click OK or press enter
5. When the registry window appears, click the following on the registry tree (left side):
6. Go to the right side of the screen (under Default) then press the right button on your mouse (right click)
7. Choose DWORD value (press enter)
8. Rename it as Plural (capital P) (press enter)
9. Double click on Pural then put 1 as a value data. (Press enter)
10. Close the registry window
Now look for the yahoo messenger icon (mostly resides on the desktop) double click it until it opens another Yahoo Messenger! (wait till it opens)
I don’t know up to how many messnegers you can open at the same time. But hey I am not responsible if something goes wrong with your PC ok?
If it doesn’t work the first time, try closing your yahoo messenger first then open it again.
I’ve tried it on YM version 8. haven’t tried it on version 9 yet.