Call or text even without load!
Got no load? But you need to call or text someone? Then use a collect call or collect text.
Well, Globe has this service called Call and Text Collect. It enables the sender to call or send a text message to the recipient even if the sender has no more load (call/text credits).
With the new Call and Text Collect features found only with Globe, subscribers may allow contacts also on the Globe network to call or text them when they’ve run out of load credits. All a prepaid or postpaid subscriber has to do is enroll a maximum of 5 prepaid dependents in the service, which allows them to call or text him or her anytime even if these contacts have run out of phone credits.
How to use
1. Type ADD<space><Globe Handyphone numbers you want to register>
(ex: ADD 09176660353, 09164202070) and send to 2911. Previously registered accounts under the Globe Text Collect service are automatically registered under the Globe Call Collect service.
2. The enrollee (the one registering the numbers) and their registered Globe Handyphone number will both receive an SMS message confirming the successful registration. The enrollee shall also be sent a list of all his registered call collect members and their corresponding 2-digit numeric code.
3. To activate the Call Collect Caller ID, the enrollee has to save the 2 digit numeric code with the 00111 prefix to their phone book.
4. Enrollee must save this as COLLECT-<Name of the enrollee>. Ex: 0011102 save as COLLECT – Marie Santos.
Note: For subscriber previously registered to Text Collect, all their registered members will be automatically pre-registered to their number for call collect.
Things to remember for registered Call and Text Collect members
1. You can only use Globe and Text Collect when you’re out of load already.
2. Please turn-off all call diverts when making a collect call. The service will not be possible if your call divert is turned on.
3. Globe’s Call and Text Collect service is ONLY available locally. Hence, you cannot use call and text collect when you or your called number is roaming.
Check here for the rates.
So Globe has Call and Text collect while smart has Ask a Load. Nice! Lets hope they keep up the healthy competition!