N95: Built to entertain
Lets now talk about one of my favorite features in a mobile device.. Music and videos!
Pic from The Nokia Guide
The N95 has the following music features:
- Digital music player – supports MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+/WMA/M4A with playlists and equalizer.
- Integrated handsfree speaker
- OMA DRM 2.0 & WMDRM support for music
- Stereo FM radio (87.5-108MHz /76-90MHz)
The N95 emits a loud sound. I like the fact that it has two speakers and that they are on both sides unlike the N77 and other Nseries devices where speakers are on the top or bottom of the device.
But is the N95 louder than the 6233?
Sorry to tell you Nseries fans, the 6233 is louder. And its not just my conclusion, i asked 10 people to listen to both N95 and 6233. And it was 10 out of 10. Everyone agreed that the 6233 is louder.. and… the sound is better. Hmmm.. What speakers did nokia put on the Nokia 6233??
Also, I think that the N77 is louder than the N95 when the first is used for watching mobile TV.
Here’s what The Nokia Geek has to say about the speakers:
The N95 is without any doubt the loudest Nseries when it comes to the external speakers, but from what I described above there’s room for improvement and I personally think this can be done by putting both direct and reflecting speakers. The reflected sound by the side-mounted speakers give music its spacious, open quality. By adding speakers just below the screen or below the keypad much of the lost details and volume (especially during dialogs is regained).
Hmmm, the headphones that comes with the unit is a bit “reserved”. I was hoping that these headphones would be louder, but it wasn’t. So i bought this headphone:
For only P75.00, I was able to boost the sound and the quality. I suggest you buy one.
- Listen to music and interact with your favorite radio stations
- Find out what song is playing, who sings it, and other artist information
- Enter contests and answer surveys, vote for your favorite songs
i have used a lot of mobile phones now, but i haven’t used the visual radio feature. I tried once with the 6233, but i think this feature is not available here in the Philippines.
Video RealPlayer media player
- Full-screen video playback to view downloaded, streamed or recorded video clips
- Supported video formats: MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, H.263/3GPP, RealVideo 8/9/10
I tried video streaming and watching movies on the N95 using mpeg and 3gp files. I had no problem with it.
The bigger screen makes it easier to watch videos.
Also, as i will discuss in a post about N95′s battery, this baby can withstand hours of movie watching! Nice!!!