Nanotechnology+Nokia= Super Mobile phones
- Self Cleaning – the phone cleans by itself
- Self powered – the phone derives its energy/power from the sun, water, or air.
- Sense the environment – the phone will tell you the weather, the amount of air pollution present, etc.
- Flexible – bend but not break
- Transparent – “see through” phones
Nokia says its possible. Through the use of Nanotechnology.
Nokia together with the University of Cambridge (UK), has developed this concept called Morph.
Morph is a concept that demonstrates how future mobile devices might be stretchable and flexible, allowing the user to transform their mobile device into radically different shapes. It demonstrates the ultimate functionality that nanotechnology might be capable of delivering: flexible materials, transparent electronics and self-cleaning surfaces. Dr. Bob Iannucci, Chief Technology Officer, Nokia, commented: “Nokia Research Center is looking at ways to reinvent the form and function of mobile devices; the Morph concept shows what might be possible”.