Smart Bro Plug it anywhere PREPAID
Anyways.. the postpaid smart bro “Just plug it anywhere” portable broadband connection:
Smart BRO – Plan 799, allows you to surf the net anywhere there’s a PC! The Smart BRO USB modem is a small, palm-sized device that you can carry with you wherever you go. And anytime you need to surf, just plug it into the USB port of your PC, and you’ll get connected in a flash!
40 HOURS FREE per MONTH!
• Initial Payment – P1,999 (upon subscription)
• Monthly Fee – P799 only
*In excess of 40 hours will be charged P10 per block of 30 minutes.
Now, there’s a Prepaid version.. But the initial cash out is quite expensive.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How much will the Smart Bro Prepaid kit cost?
Smart Bro Prepaid kit costs P4500 which already includes a USB modem and a SIM card. It already has a P30 preloaded broadband load which can be used up to 1 hour and 30 minutes of high-speed broadband internet use.
2. What are the necessary documents needed to apply for a Smart Bro Prepaid?
None as this is a prepaid offer.
3. How much will be the rate per use?
You will be charged P10 for every 30 minutes.
7. How will I inquire for the reload balance?
You may check the remaining balance of your Smart Bro prepaid using our Webconnect facility. Just log-on to http://smart.com.ph/smartbro and register your SMART Bro prepaid account.
Note: Registration only needs to be done once.
12. How can I load my Smart Bro Prepaid if I am not a Smart GSM user?
It is encouraged that you use a Smart GSM SIM. However, your other options are:
· Via Smart Load
· Smart Bro Load Card by using another Smart GSM cell phone
16. Can I use my Smart Bro Prepaid for international roaming?
No. Currently, international roaming feature for Smart Bro Prepaid is not yet available.
17. Are subscribers guaranteed the published speeds?
Smart Bro’s published speeds are the maximum possible speeds given in the broadband connection. While the speed can often burst to such levels, there are times when forms of technical interference such as noise, electrical shorts or software problems can interfere with the speed, which are beyond Smart’s control.
Also, very busy websites like Yahoo and MSN occasionally suffer from slowdowns, as well as graphic-heavy sites such as mySpace, Multiply or Friendster. The servers of most of these major sites are often located in other countries, such as the United States, which can further degrade performance due to the distance the signal must travel.
It is also highly recommended that you are situated in a 3G/HSDPA covered location to enjoy the maximum speed the service can deliver. (Link on the coverage)
18. Can the modem be infected or be a carrier of a virus being a USB device?
The USB modem cannot be infected or be a carrier of a virus since it has no storage capacity.
19. Where can I get a replacement battery for the USB modem?
The USB modem does not require a battery. It shall automatically obtain power supply once plugged into your PC or laptop.
20. Can I use my Smart Bro Prepaid SIM card for voice calls and/or outgoing SMS, with my mobile phone?
The Smart Bro Prepaid SIM card is a customized SIM that can only be used for data. Voice and outgoing SMS have been disabled. Credits cannot be used for voice calls and/or SMS even if SIM card is transferred to a mobile phone.
21. I have an existing non-Smart SIM card (Globe, Touch Mobile or Sun). Can I possibly use my non-Smart SIM into the USB modem?
No. The Smart Bro USB modem is SIM-locked to Smart, thus, you will not be able to use your non-Smart GSM SIM into the device.
And the procedure for reloading this gadget still needs the use of a mobile phone… tsk tsk tsk
Get a mobile phone plan from smart…. that’s better! Get an N95! or a mobile phone with Wi-Fi.